In being successful at the operation of optimizing your time, you must not only chart how you tend to invest or spend it on all of life’s activities (see the previous post regarding this topic), but secondarily you must experiment with the ratios or percentages of time invested. A good first step is to keep all of your non-business activities segregated out of your formula, and isolate them to perhaps one full day per week off from work. This ‘break time’ is crucial to refreshing yourself, reviewing yourself and to inspiring creativity — consider it as sacrosanct.
When non-business activities are eliminated, a time/percentage chart or matrix for optimization purposes becomes easier to generate. The matrix which follows represents my daily percentages of time invested in various activities (on average). My working day consists of 12 hours, on average. Your time commitment, priorities and areas of productivity may well be different than (on average) mine. It depends upon the 1) ROI that you receive on each hour invested in each of the activities to be optimized, and 2) upon achieving a balance that is diversified enough that you don’t burn out by obsessing over some tasks while neglecting the others, which would ultimately destroy your optimization given some length of time pursuing an obsessive/negligent path. Make you chart and adhere to it, but insert your choices for ratios of time investment. Everyone’s differ.
- The Most Entertaining Guide to Landing Page Optimization You’ll Ever Read (moz.com)
- What attorneys need to know about entrepreneurs (ocregister.com)
- What Great Entrepreneurs Have in Common (Infographic) (newspodge.com)
- 20 Essential New Year’s Resolutions For Entrepreneurs, From Entrepreneurs (tech.co)
- Optimal Offense/Defense Spending Ratio (birdbreakdown.com)
- The 4 Characteristics All Entrepreneurs Possess (alleywatch.com)
- The 13 Money Mistakes Most Business Owners Continue To Make (forbes.com)
- The self-employed: Not employees but not always business people either (flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com)
- Don’t fixate on your first feature: Avoiding premature optimization (fullstart.com)
- Optimize Your Time, Entrepreneurs And Executives: 3 Steps – Part 1 (douglasecastleconsultancy.com)
The Douglas E. Castle Consultancy offers a complete suite of business consulting and advisory services for organizations ranging from seedling, "bootstrapped" startups, through established small- to medium-sized enterprises conducting commerce both domestically and internationally.
This site is proudly affiliated with Global Edge International Consulting Associates, Inc. ["GEI”]
Free Subscription to The GEI Business Daily!
Sign Up For Our Free GEI Newsletter!
Receive Our Free GEI RSS Feed!
***Follow GEI's Company Page On LinkedIn!